Aimed at professionals and open to the general public, the Yachting Festival brings together players from the international boating market, shipbuilders, sailing boat and yacht importers, equipment suppliers, service companies (including brokerage and insurance companies), specialist press and more.
The event, Europe's biggest boat show afloat, offers sea trials and takes place in three locations over six days in mid-September.
The Old Port in Cannes, the Pierre-Canto port and the Riviera Space of the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès.
With an exhibition space of 300,000m², 2 marinas, 3km of floating pontoons and 4 crossing pontoons to allow visitors to cross the old port, the 2016 Yachting Festival hosted:
- 530 exhibitors (60% of whom come from abroad)
- 630 boats, measuring from 2.10m to 52m
- 191 new boats and yachts presented for the first time, including 107 world premiere
- 40 second-hand boats between 22m and 52m long, presented at the Pierre Canto port
- 140 yachts measuring 20m or more
- 120 sailing boats (20%) and 45 multihulls (including 10 motor yachts)
- And lastly: 48% of the exhibitors are shipbuilders/importers and 52% work in peripheral sectors as equipment manufacturers, brokers, service companies and more.
The Yachting Festival also hosts more than 600 journalists and more than 50,000 visitors from around the world.